We’re just over a month away from Parenting Journey’s second annual Social & Family Justice Institute and I’m excited to introduce you to some of our distinguished speakers!
We’re honored to be joined by University of Massachusetts President Marty Meehan, who will provide opening remarks.
Building on last year’s theme, Harnessing Parent Power for Change, our first panel will focus on Transforming Our Communities through Civic Engagement. Panelists include:
- Meghan Irons, reporter, The Boston Globe (moderator)
- Sheena Collier, director of economic opportunity, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce and founder and CEO, The Collier Connection
- Mac D’Alessandro, executive director and campaign manager, Voter Choice Massachusetts
- Betty Francisco, general counsel, Compass Working Capital and co-founder, Latina Circle and Amplify Latinx
- Segun Idowu, executive director, Black Economic Council of Massachusetts, Inc.
Our final discussion of the day will focus on Progressive Policy Making: Reclaiming “Family Values” and feature:
- Robert Lewis Jr., founder and president, The Base
- State Representative Jim O’Day
- Michael Curry, Esq., senior vice president of government affairs and public policy and general counsel, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers and immediate past president, Boston Branch of the NAACP
Join like-minded professionals from nonprofits, government agencies, philanthropic foundations, and corporations to address systems in our society that disproportionately affect people of color, low-income families, and immigrants.
The Social & Family Justice Institute will take place on October 22 from 7:30 – 11 a.m. at the UMass Club in Boston. Click here reserve your ticket now!
If your organization is interested in highlighting its commitment to fostering parent engagement and creating a brighter future for all families, please click here to learn about sponsorship opportunities. Please email Anna Yanco-Papa to reserve your sponsorship package or for more information.
We look forward to seeing you there!