It’s Open Enrollment season!
It’s the time of the year where you can buy a new health insurance plan or change your current plan.
If your employer doesn’t offer health insurance or you cannot afford the plan offered by your employer, here are some resources to help you #GetCovered:
- Massachusetts Health Connector — Enroll by Dec. 23 for insurance that starts on Jan. 1. Open enrollment for 2020 ends on Jan. 23.
- NY State of Health — Open enrollment ends on Jan. 31.
- Healthcare.gov — Open enrollment ends at 3 a.m. on Dec. 18 (very early tomorrow morning).
If you live in a state other than Massachusetts or New York, search for your state’s health insurance exchange and use healthcare.gov if your state doesn’t have an exchange.
Help is available — If you need assistance enrolling in a health insurance plan, here are some resources that can help:
- Massachusetts residents: Call Health Care For All’s HelpLine at (800) 272-4232. Assistance is available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese or use this directory to find other enrollment assisters.
- New York Residents: Search for an In-Person Assistor/Navigator in your community.
- Residents of other states: Contact your state’s health insurance exchange or call the Affordable Care Act helpline at (800) 318-2596.