Based on the staggering impact that systemic barriers of oppression have had on families — particularly for immigrants, people of color, people in recovery, and people living in high-poverty communities — and our parents’ lived experiences, the Parent Advisory Council established the Parents’ Bill of Rights. This platform will guide and inform our advocacy efforts as we seek greater opportunity for all families.
Parents’ Bill of Rights
We as parents & caregivers deserve to raise our children in vibrant communities. We all deserve:
- to live in a vibrant community where we are safe;
- to access nutritious and affordable food in our community;
- to live in an affordable home that meets livable standards; and
- to send our children to safe, high-quality schools in our neighborhoods.
We as parents & caregivers deserve the ability to support our families. We all deserve:
- paid time off to care for a new child or sick family member;
- comprehensive healthcare that is affordable for our whole family and includes:
- Mental health care, including substance use treatment and prevention services, and
- Reproductive health care;
- high quality and affordable childcare; and
- living wages.
We as parents & caregivers deserve to raise our children with the culture and values that reflect our diversity. We all deserve:
- comprehensive immigration policies that keep families together; and
- family-centered policies that prevent discrimination based on sexuality, gender, race or socioeconomic status.
Show your support for parents by endorsing the Parents' Bill of Rights
If you believe it's time to enact policies that enable all families to thrive, sign the pledge and show your support for the Parents' Bill of Rights!