For more than 35 years, Parenting Journey has built stronger families by developing the inner strengths, life skills, and networks of resources they need to succeed.
- PJ has delivered groups in English, Spanish and Portuguese; other providers have utilized PJ with parents/caregivers who primarily speak Cantonese, Mandarin, and ASL.
- Over 500 non-profit partners across the country and internationally.
- Over 2,800 families impacted in Boston since 2011.
- Over 40,000 hours of professional training delivered to 2,100 human service professionals.
Our Program is Evidence Based
At Parenting Journey, we don’t just say that our parent-development programs are successful, we back it up with evidence-based, proven results. In 2016, a quasi-experimental program evaluation completed in partnership with the Institute for Community Health and Boston University showed statistically significant improvements in parents and caregivers who have completed Parenting Journey 1. The results offer solid evidence of the success of our innovative approach. Graduates of our programs experience:
- A positive change in their relationships with other people in general.
- A transition from negative feelings to positive feelings about life and themselves.
- A positive change in their relationship with their children.
- An ability to freely communicate accomplishments resulting from their participation in the program.
Who We Partner With
Our program is shown to be effective with families from all backgrounds.
- 80% are single-parent, female-headed families
- 59% are unemployed or under-employed
- 56% have a primary language other than English
- 12% have a history of domestic violence
- 10% do not have custody of their children
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
For more information about the Parenting Journey Outcomes Scale, email Senior Director of Research & Evaluation Caroline Kistin at firstname.lastname@example.org.