A bequest is a wonderful way to support Parenting Journey posthumously.
How It Works
- Include a bequest to Parenting Journey in your will or trust.
- Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your bequest to address changing circumstances.
Many gift plans can provide significant tax and financial advantages to you and your loved ones.
How It Works
- Name Parenting Journey as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified plan.
- Designate Parenting Journey to receive all or a portion of the balance through your plan administrator.
- The balance in your plan passes to Parenting Journey after your death.
- Avoid the double taxation your retirement savings would incur if you designated your heir(s) as beneficiary(ies).
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- You can revoke us as a beneficiary if your needs change.
Please consult your legal representative or financial consultant to determine the implications of your prospective gift.
Parenting Journey accepts donations of commonly held, publicly traded stocks. It’s giving made easy.
The easiest way to donate stock or other securities to Parenting Journey is through an electronic transfer (DTC) from your brokerage account. Please remind your broker to include your name, contact information and special instructions for the transfer.
Citizens Investment Services
Account #: N6M-647470
Account Name: The Family Center d/b/a Parenting Journey
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs to charitable organizations. Your employer may match or even double your initial gift. Each company has its own guidelines for employees, spouses, retirees, and widows/widowers.
- Request a Matching Form from your company.
- Complete and submit the form to Parenting Journey along with your gift.
- Parenting Journey will verify the completed form and return it to the company.
- The company issues a matching gift contribution to Parenting Journey.
- Completed forms can be sent with your personal gift to:
366 Somerville Avenue
Somerville, MA 02143
Many matching gift companies require that participants provide the Federal Tax ID number of the recipient organization when applying for a match. The Federal Tax ID for the Parenting Journey is 04-2771011.
Parenting Journey has a 30-year history of building stronger, more resilient families through a variety of programs developed to serve parents and caregivers, and human services professionals. To date, our programs have helped over 52,000 parents—to the benefit of more than 131,000 children. We are deeply grateful to the many service agencies and other organizations that have helped us along our journey.
No matter what type of business you’re in, your organization can play a vital role in helping Parenting Journey fulfill its mission of strengthening families by nurturing and inspiring parents and caregivers. By sponsoring Parenting Journey, you are making an investment in programs that have been proven to build stronger and more stable families.
Together, we can build on that success. Your gift will help Parenting Journey provide positive, curriculum-based programs that give parents the skills, confidence, and resources they need to become more effective parents and build stronger families.
Sponsorship includes a range of benefits, such as:
- Logo and link on Parenting Journey’s website
- Logo and company’s name on all print and online materials
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
For more information about ways to donate, contact Duncan Remage-Healey, Managing Director of Institutional Advancement, by phone at (617) 628-8815 ext. 234 or by emailing him directly.