Does every parent deserve access to affordable childcare?
Should employers ensure that their employees have predictable shifts that allow them to balance their work and family needs?
Is it time for the Commonwealth to make big investments in education and public transportation?
Do you want your elected officials to cosponsor bills that uplift families?
The time to speak up and be heard is RIGHT NOW! Massachusetts legislators have until Friday to decide which bills they will cosponsor.
Calling your elected officials is easy and effective. Sometimes it only takes one or two calls from constituents to convince a legislator to add their name to a bill. Bring us another step closer to making Massachusetts a more equitable state.
- Look up who your state representative and state senator are.
- Call call your state representative and senator. Here’s a script you can use:
Hi, my name is __(your name)__ and I live in __(your city/town)__. I believe that we need to do more to make childcare, housing, and economic mobility more accessible to families in Massachusetts. I’m calling to ask [Rep / Senator]______ to cosponsor several bills that are important to me. Those bills are:
– SD 1744 / HD 1879 An Act Relative to Affordable and Accessible High Quality Early Education and Care cosponsored by Sen. Cindy Friedman and Rep. Ken Gordon
– SD 1881 An Act Relative to the Scheduling of Employees sponsored by Sen. Marc Pacheco
– SD 1709 / HD 3300 Fair Share Amendment cosponsored by Sen. Jason Lewis and Rep. Jim O’Day
– SD 1143 / HD 1719 Work and Family Mobility Act cosponsored by Sen. Brendan Crighton and Rep. Tricia Farley-Bouvier
– SD 334 / HD 414 An Act supporting affordable housing with a local option for a fee to be applied to certain real estate transactions cosponsored by Sen. Joseph Boncore and Rep. Mike Connolly
- Let us know how it went: Fill out a quick form on our website so we know who we need to follow up with!
The cosponsorship drive is only the first step of many for building support for these important bills, but it’s an important step. Securing more cosponsors means legislative leaders are more likely to make these bills a priority.
The legislative session is just getting started and we look forward to partnering with you to pass laws that ensure every family will thrive.
Thank you for speaking up for families.