The Parenting in America curriculum was developed specifically to address the unique challenges immigrant parents face as they—and their children—adapt to American culture.
Parenting in America
Offered in Spanish and English
In Parenting in America, a small group of parents and caregivers meet for 2 hours a week for 12 weeks. The program includes activities, discussions, a family-style meal, and complimentary childcare.
Parents and caregivers who immigrate to the United States bring with them a wealth of parenting strengths – drawing on culture, tradition, and family experience – yet living in a multicultural setting can be challenging.
In Parenting in America, we encourages parents to honor their cultural heritage while also helping them to develop new culturally responsive practices and strategies. Parents graduate from the program feeling empowered to face immigration challenges that affect them as individuals and as parents, recognizing that perseverance is key to their success.
Location: Somerville, MA
Duration: 12 Weeks
Cost: Free! Complimentary childcare and family-style meal provided.
View and print flyers
To obtain flyers with specific program dates, contact Leticia St. Remy, Program Manager (617.628.8815 x241or firstname.lastname@example.org).
What’s in it for You
In a supportive setting, we will work with you to uncover your inner strengths and help you achieve your goals.
- Identify your strengths and increase your resiliency.
- Learn to tackle everyday stressors and challenging situations.
- Discover how to navigate and determine which government agencies, NGOs, and private institutions will be most helpful.
- Become more assertive in your advocacy for yourself and your children.
- Learn to trust yourself and those who will be most supportive of you and your family.
- Become more confident and optimistic about achieving personal goals.
who can sign-up?
Parenting Journey is open to everyone. No matter where you are from, no matter what your background, you are welcome at Parenting Journey. We work with mothers, fathers, and caregivers from all walks of life, raising children of all ages.
For more information about the program, click here.